It was councils, curries and computers for members of Grantham Business Club as IT support and networking specialists Datcom sponsored their latest meeting at the town’s Picture Café.
Datcom opened the evening, which attracted more than 50 delegates, with a speech about their services. Business Development Manager Hannah Sang explained Datcom’s capabilities before starting off the evening’s activities with a fun ice-breaker game ‘Six Degrees of Separation’.
Representatives from South Kesteven District Council then revealed the ambitious St Peter’s Hill Leisure Quarter plans for the town, which includes the building of a multi-screen cinema and restaurants.
Hannah said: “It was great to be a part of Grantham Business Club’s evening. Having attended for a while, it was an honour to support the event and to be able to let people know what we do day to day.”
Grantham Business Club takes place on a bi-monthly basis and encourages new members to join to network, socialise and learn new things about the town’s business community, with regular speakers delivering updates.
Andrew Townsend, Managing Director at Datcom said: “This was a great event. We’re very much part of the community here in Grantham, looking after many clients in the immediate area. To be able to speak to them and the wider business community was very useful.
“It was also fascinating to hear from SKDC on the future of the town’s leisure offering. We are very happy to have a base in the town. To learn of plans to attract more visitors, residents and businesses to Grantham is heartening and we’ll be watching its progress with keen interest.”
Notes to Editors:
• Datcom are a professional IT company accredited with multiple high level qualifications from the largest and most respected vendors and industry standard bodies.
• Established in 2011, Datcom is based in Grantham but also has an office in Lincoln.
• Datcom currently employ 23 people.
• Datcom offer a wide range of IT services, from basic support through to the very best in cyber security.
• For more information, visit: www.datcom.co.uk