Wartime singer Heather Marie is set to return to the Elite Fish & Chip Company to celebrate Armed Forces Day and help reach the chippy’s £30,000 charity target.
The 1940s performer will appear at the Grantham Road restaurant in Sleaford for the third time on Saturday 30th June, and the price of the night’s admission includes a portion of delicious fish and chips!
Rachel Tweedale, Director at the Elite Fish & Chip Company, said: “We received a great response to Heather Marie’s previous two performances, and both events in 2016 made a massive contribution to the £10,000 we raised for the Royal British Legion throughout the year.
“Two years on and our fundraising target is three times as big, so we’re thrilled to welcome Heather back! We want to encourage as many people as possible to attend and would love them to get dressed up in true 1940s style, to raise as much money as possible for our three charities.”
Diners will sit down to a meal of fish and chips accompanied by 1940s music before Heather Marie performs two sets of nostalgic songs, including classics from the wartime era such as ‘I’ll Be Seeing You’, ‘Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye’ and ‘We’ll Meet Again’ among many more.
Heather Marie said “I’m thrilled to be singing again at the Elite Fish & Chip Company. At my last performances there was a great atmosphere, and as fish and chips were one of the few foods not to be rationed during the two world wars, it’s the perfect setting!
“The three causes are really close to my heart as I have worked as a fundraiser for the RNLI previously, have direct links to the RAF and know what a devastating effect dementia can have on families in the county. Let’s raise as much as we can!”
The event is priced at £17.50 per person which includes fish and chips and the performance. Places for this event can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Sleaford restaurant on 01529 414 534.
Doors open at 7pm and food will be served at 7.30pm.
Notes to editors:
• The Elite Fish & Chip Company has three restaurants and takeaways: Lincoln, Ruskington and Sleaford.
• Awards recently won include: ‘Heart of the Community’ at the Lincolnshire Media Business Awards, ‘Big Heart’ at the National Family Business Awards and ‘Regional Family Business of the Year’ at the East Midlands FSB Awards.
• It has been serving the finest fish and chips in Lincolnshire for 30 years
• It is a family-owned business in its third generation of friers.
• The company will be fundraising for, the RAF Wings Appeal, the RNLI and the Sleaford Dementia Group throughout 2018.
• Follow The Elite Fish & Chip Company on Twitter @chippyelite