Our Pimp My Pancake competition is something we’ve looked forward to doing every year since we launched it in 2015.
This year, it just so happens that Shrove Tuesday is on 13th February – the day before Valentine’s Day. So this Mardi Gras, we want to see your best Valentine’s-themed pancakes for a chance to win your very own crêpe maker!
We’ve had some impressive entries in the past, including edible portraits of the Mona Lisa and David Bowie, a Shooting Star-themed pancake and last year’s winner – an edible Mr Potato Head from Disney Pixar’s Toy Story!
If you think you can ‘beat’ the rest of the competition with your own ‘flipping’ marvellous pancake, then we want to hear from you.
Submit your entries by sharing a photo or video of your pancake on Twitter (@ShootingStarPR), Instagram (@weareshootingstar) or on the Shooting Star Facebook page proudly exclaiming: “This is how I #PimpMyPancake”.
Enter before 5pm on Friday 16th February 2018 to be in with a chance of winning a crêpe maker.
The lucky winner will be announced on Monday 19th February 2018.
We can’t wait to see what this year’s competition has in store – good luck and happy crêpe-ing!
By entering the Shooting Star Pimp My Pancake competition, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to residents of the UK (excludes residents of the Republic of Ireland) aged 18 years or over, except employees of Shooting Star, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the owners of these social media pages only, not the organisations.
4. One winning entrant will receive an Ovation 1000W Crepe and Pancake Maker with batter spreader, ladle and spatula, delivered to an address of your choice.
5. The winner will be contacted by Shooting Star after the competition has closed and will be required to provide their preferred delivery address. This information will be used for the purposes of sending the prize only and will not be published or shared with any third parties.
6. Once the nominated winner has been confirmed as the recipient of the prize, the prize cannot be transferred to another individual without the express permission of Shooting Star.
7. To enter this prize draw, entrants must visit the Shooting Star social media pages – or blog post published on its company website – and follow the instructions. Entry is restricted to one per person. Once submitted, entries cannot be amended in any way.
8. The winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date.
9. All entries must be received by 17.00hrs on Friday 16th February 2018.
10. The winner will be contacted by Shooting Star via the appropriate social media page by 17.00hrs on Monday 19th February. Should Shooting Star be unable to contact the winner by this deadline, or should the winner be unable to accept the prize, Shooting Star reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions.
11. The prize as described is available on the date of publication. Should the prize become unavailable, an appropriate substitute will be provided.
12. The prize is subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
13. The winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity on behalf of Shooting Star.
14. Entrants’ data will be used for the purpose of administration of this prize draw and in accordance with the permissions granted or withheld at the point of entry.
15. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Shooting Star. Accordingly, Shooting Star may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall be attached to Shooting Star as a result thereof.
16. Shooting Star is responsible for whole of the promotion, which includes the publication and adjudication of the prize draw and provision of the prize.
17. These terms and conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of these terms or their subject matter is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
18. Competition owner: Shooting Star, 154 High Street, Lincoln, LN5 7AA